Who We Are
V.I.FIND is staffed by an Executive Director and information Specialists on St. Thomas, St. Croix, and St. John. We are a place for families to find information, resources, support & empowerment, and referrals.
Our Main Office
Virgin Islands Family Information Network on Disabilities (V.I.FIND)
Belinda West O’Neal
9500 Wheatley Shopping Center II, Suite 8
P.O. Box 11670
St. Thomas, US VI 00802
St. Croix Office
64 Kings Street Pentheny Building
Suites 10 and 11
Christiansted, St. Croix, US VI 00820
FAX (340) 692-5010
What We Offer
As a Parent Training and Information Center V.I.FIND helps parents:
- UNDERSTAND the disability and their child's needs
- LEARN of their rights under IDEA and ADA
- EMPOWER themselves to seek services and actively participate in decisions affecting their child
- LOCATE information, resources, programs, and services available for their child with a disability
- COMMUNICATE effectively with professionals and service providers working with their child
- PROVIDE follow up support for their child's special education
V.I.FIND encourages parents to help their children strive the following goals: Friendships, Acceptance, Motivation, Inclusion, Learning, Independence, Education, and Self-reliance.
V.I.FIND hosts monthly parent training sessions on the following topics: IDEA, ADA, Teen sexuality, IEP, IEP Reviews/What's available for the summer, Due Process, Advocacy, Learn how the Laws Impact your Life, Surrogate Parents & Grandparents, Knowing the Health Care System, Transition, Loving your Child with Special Needs, Inclusion and Your Child, Involving Fathers with their special needs child, Partners in Policymaking (6 month training).