No matter how much the world debates on ‘Computer a Boon or a Bane’ the truth is that ever since their invention, computers have served mankind in ways beyond one’s imagination. From the initial computers with sizes equivalent to a room, the powerful devices have now shrunk into a compact size of a palm. Ever since the boom in the computer market, computer devices of all sorts have become extensively popular among people of all age groups. People from all walks of life, pursuing different lifestyles and work, are now dependant on these machines to enable them to do efficient and speedy work. Kids, especially, are hooked on gadgets.
Although most of the people these days are well acquainted with these devices, there may still be many who need an exposure to the same and therefore need to buy a personal machine. Or there may be ones who need to replace their existing old machine. Young children haven’t been spared from this trend in the least. In such a situation, choosing an apt device for a particular age group as per the needs and the specifications becomes an important task. With the technological advancement, computers these days are available in the form of touch-screen laptops.
Here is a comprehensive list of best kids laptops available in the market for kids considering design, parental control, durability and many other features :
1. Dell Inspiron: With an 11.6 inches touchscreen LED light HD display, this model from the Inspiron series of Dell comes with 4 GB of SDRAM expandable up to 8 GB. The compact and affordable model is powered by Intel Core m3 Processor, Windows 10 and 500GB of HDD. Additionally, it is acquainted with HDMI connection, Micro SD Card Reader, and USB 3.0 port. The model offers parental control inside Windows 10 through family web control. Tested for 10,000 times in varied environmental extreme conditions, the model is built tough and provides best durability of hardware and battery performance. However, the model does not include the optical disk driver. The laptop model, therefore, is best suited for both work and fun purposes for children, with superior and apt functionalities, display, sound, battery performance, hardware and parental control at an affordable price.
2. Lenovo Ideapad 100S: Lenovo is known for providing best budget-friendly laptops with excellent functionalities. Lenovo Ideapad 100S has marked its position in the children arena with its superior features at a comparatively low price. Ideapad 100S comes in 11.6 inches touchscreen HD LED display, 2 GB RAM, Intel Atom processor. The model also supports built-in web camera, 32 GB flash memory, and HDMI connection under a model weight of 2.2 pounds only. Like other laptops with Windows 10, Ideapad too offers parental control. In addition to this, it also provides timer feature to shut down the laptop when once the set duration is completed. All of these features are provided at minimal cost.
3. Acer Chromebook R 11: Powered by Intel Celeron N3150 Quad-Core Processor, 6-inch widescreen, multi-touch display of Chromebook R 11 provides advanced parental control on children’s online time. With a 4 GB onboard memory, an internal storage of 32 GB and a battery backup for approximately 10 hours, Chromebook R11 is designed for a 360-degree experience. It provides highest flexibility and durability. It brings speed to another level featuring the latest MIMO 802.11ac wireless for a smooth and reliable Internet and video streaming experience, at up to three times faster connection speeds than previous generation wireless technologies. Hence, Acer Chromebook R 11 is best suited for almost type of works at all times.
4. Asus T102HA: An ultra-thin, feather-light body of Asus T102HA model is a 2-1 built-in device adaptable to be used both as a notebook and as a tablet. With a 10.2 inch of the touch display, the model comes with a keyboard and a pen to support free handwriting directly on the screen. Powered by Intel Atom Quad Core x5-Z8350 Processor with 4GB RAM for fast and efficient performance, the Asus laptop weighs less than 1.7 lbs but is built strongly, with a keen attention paid to the hinges for a better performance and provides a battery backup for 11 hours. It also offers one-touch login directly into the mini notebook, saving time and adding on to the design.
5. HP 15.6 inch display: The 15.6 inch HD LED display of the HP laptop supports 10 finger touch. Powered by Intel Pentium processor, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD and ports for Ethernet, HDMI, and USB, the model provides all basic features required for a beginner level and therefore, is counted as an option for the children arena. With a support of Windows 10, it also offers parental control. The hardware design is durable and built tough, which is tested against various experimental conditions, which is another reason why HP model is a good choice for children. It has an average battery backup of approximately 6 hours. However, the weight of the model is 4 lbs which is much high as compared to others.
6. Google Pixelbook: Keeping aside the price considerations, Google Pixelbook is the new trend in the world of notebooks. Pixelbook is the most advanced Chromebook with built-in google assistant. Featuring 7 Gen Intel i5 Processor, 8GB RAM and 256 GB storage, Pixelbook has a 12.3-inch touchscreen HD display with a 360-degree flexibility giving it a 4 in 1 adaptability of a notebook, tent, tablet and entertainment mode. It has a compact and feather-light design measuring 10.3 mm and 2.45 lbs, Gorilla glass for extra protection and backlit keyboard. Pixelbook has many variants in processor and keyboard and pen availability. It offers high batter performance of 10 hours and a fast charging mode. Google Pixelbook is, therefore, the ultimate answer to all queries related to laptops.