Hoverboards have become quite a rage in recent times. They have grabbed everyone’s attention by being the newest and the coolest thing in the market. They are the latest advancement in the category of personal transporters and have a self-balancing board type structure. They have two motorized wheels connected to an articulate and pressure-sensitive footpad that allows the rider to control the movement and speed. They are essentially different from a Segway because there is no handlebar to control the movement or lean on for support. Hover-boards move forward when you lean forward and they reverse when you lean backward.
It is a lucrative item which a person can’t miss once they have taken it for a spin. It allows you to move seamlessly at decent speeds without doing much mechanical work. And since they are battery operated, hover-boards can easily be charged by a regular electric panel at your home.
The seamless maneuver and hassle-free transportation provided by hover-board is complemented by a sense of floating or hovering over the ground. And this is the biggest selling point because of which people are going crazy over it.
The best hoverboard for kids can be driven by anyone who has the ability to control the movements. So, it doesn’t matter whether you are a grown-up, teenager or just a 5-year-old. Kids these days have really sharp senses and are able to pick up movements very quickly. Although there are no restrictions on who can ride on it, but is a hoverboard really safe for your kid?
A hoverboard is a self-balancing board and this is where the first risk comes in. If your child loses his/her balance, they are bound to have a pretty bad fall. Also, dismounting it is very tricky and since there is no handlebar, maintaining your balance is very tough which leads to an easy fall while getting off.
For adults, it may be functional and useful, but for kids, it’s merely a toy. So, it’s better that you keep your kids away from them. But if you are one of the risk takers and you believe that your child must experience it and have fun, then you shouldn’t stop them. But don’t forget to take precautions to avoid any mishap.
Here are some precautionary measures which you must follow before purchasing a hoverboard for your kid:
- Don’t allow them to ride without safety gear like helmets, kneepads, shoulder braces, etc.
- Purchase a hoverboard specific to their age because many manufacturers have now started producing age-specific hoverboards as well.
- Ensure that your child rides the hoverboard within a safe speed limit. If you have even the slightest of suspicions that your kid might speed up when you are not around, then you must consider purchasing a hoverboard with the maximum speed of around 6-10 mph.
- While purchasing a hoverboard, make sure that the tires are a bit expansive with a scope of about 8-9 inches. Also, they must be tough so that they last longer.
- Go for a brand that is known to produce stronger, more durable and better quality hoverboards which are economical as well. You don’t want to purchase a hoverboard with design defects or poor quality just because they are cheap.
With all the fun and amusement attached to them, hoverboards can be unsafe for kids but if you follow the precautionary measures diligently and make sure to be present with your kid while they are riding a hoverboard, you can let your child experience absolute fun and ensure their safety simultaneously.